The Florida Business Incubator, Inc. is an educational 501c3 non-profit: Donations Appreciated
VIRTUAL SPARK Tank sessions & Chat Notes Archive
This is a strange time for us. And, as a small business owner, the COVID-19 crisis can be a real problem. In our role as supporters of small businesses and entrepreneurs, we want to help. Since our normal Thursday morning Spark Tanks at the Dunedin Chamber of Commerce have been canceled, continued with virtual Spark Tank (as of March 19). In them, we have checked in, offered experts working within the resources being discussed for Smal Businesses and Entrepreneurs.
Below you will find and the posts and links to our sessions for review.
Community is important and we are all in this together. Together we’ll get through it!
July 25th - Banking Services for Small Businesses during COVID-19
Conversation with Kevin Osbourn and upcoming additions to small business support
July 16th - Challenges Round
July 9th - Challenges Round
July 2nd - Challenges Round
June 25th - Disaster Prep Your Tech
With Hurricane Season looming our technology is often not thought about until we are in the midst of emergencies. Evelyn Dufner is presenting “Hurricane Prep your Tech” with what-to-do tips, a list of tools, and thoughts on making recovery easier!
June 18th - Challenges Round
June 11th - re-Spark the Spark Tank
The COVID 19 virus has changed a lot of things just as the participation in Florida Business Incubator SPARK TANK was taking off. Now we’ve taken a few steps back. With the idea of re-sparking that take-off, this week’s Spark Tank is focused on what do YOU want from the Florida Business Incubator that would serve your needs and help your business grow.
June 4 - Does Your Message Resonate with your Customers
Description: There are some basic metrics that tell you if your message speaks to your target audience. Join us this Thursday to learn how to find out if your speaking to your audience. Then I’ll share a simple process you can use to refine your message so that it better resonates with your target audience.
May 28th - Challenges Round
- Zoom Video: of our round table discussion
May 21st - How-Tos & Tips on Instagram for your Business
May 14th - Make Your Own Marketing Video
May 7th - Small Business Legislative Check In
- Mr. Jones with Gus Bilirakis’s office giving us a pulse check on policy issues that have a bearing on the small business community. Audio File Only
- Zoom FBII Chat log 05.07.2020
April 30th - How to Monetize Your Business Online!
April 22nd-23rd - Marketing Your Business Through Your Own Personal Brand & Dino's Conversations
Britt Bishop gave an overview of how to market yourself in a way that creates awareness and goodwill for your business in these unprecedented times.
- Dino Elidas’ Video –A Conversation with Owners About the NEW Normal. What’s coming as we eased restrictions and how do you handle the changes for your business? Come share your views, ask questions, and hear how others prepare to open back up for business.
- Zoom FBII Chat log 04.23.2020
- YouTube VideoBritt Bishop and her presentation on Virtual Spark
April 16th - Beat Your Stress, Don’t Let it Beat You
April 9th - Current State of The Small Business Environment with Kevin Osbourne
April 2 - Sources of Financial Relief for Small Businesses
Sources of Financial Relief for Small Businesses
March 26th - SPARK Check In & Needs
Offering the group opportunity to request topics and check-in since the closure of so many non-essential businesses.
Resources: Business & Community Resource List
- Excel Profit/Loss by Carl Schrader: Excel File
- SBA (Small Business Association) Expanded access to U.S. Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loans: As part of its disaster assistance program, the SBA is providing working capital loans of up to $2 million to small businesses and nonprofits affected by the coronavirus. These loans carry an interest rate of 3.75% for small businesses and 2.75% for nonprofits. Loan repayment terms vary by applicant, up to a maximum of 30 years. The stimulus updated the program so that sole proprietors and businesses with fewer than 500 employees qualify, and applicants don’t need to provide a personal guarantee on loans under $200,000. Payments can also be deferred for up to four years.
Emergency grant of $10,000 to SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan applicants: Even if your business is denied a loan, you can still access this grant, which can be used to provide employee sick leave, maintain payroll or meet other needs like paying rent.: https://www.sba.
- Federal Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadline Extension: The federal tax return filing deadline is now July 15, 2020. For tax payments of up to $10 million, the IRS has also extended the deadline for both individuals and businesses to July 15, 2020. Estimated tax payments for 2020 originally due on April 15 will now be due on July 15. Check with your state tax agency to find out if your business has more time to file or more time to pay state and local taxes this year as a result of the coronavirus. Several states have already aligned their tax filing and payment deadlines with the new federal deadline. States also may waive or reduce penalties on late tax payments.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) coronavirus resource page provides a list of relief programs, and it offers guidance to small business owners during this crisis.
- Payment Protection Program (PPP) The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will guarantee loans with terms of up to 10 years and interest rates of up to 4% to businesses with fewer than 500 employees. Businesses can qualify for loans of up to $10 million, and the loans will be provided by lenders including banks and credit unions. Eligible businesses can get loan deferment for six months to a year, and the loan may be forgiven if the businesses maintains its payroll for eight weeks at employees’ normal salary levels.: SBA.Gov
- Florida Disaster Loan: https://
- SBDC Resource File (PDF)
- Florida Governor: https://www.
- Visit SPC: https://www.
- Unemployment: https://www.
- COVID-19 Cases: https://
- Government Assistance: https://www.ppa.
- FL Department of Economic Opportunity (Solopreneurs): https://
- Employ Florida: https://www.
- Dunedin Cares: https://dunedincares.
- Dunedin City Survey: https://wh1.
- Dino’s Resource Page – Updated Regularly
- Applying CARES Act – Information page