COVID-19 has created a lot of new challenges for small businesses and entrepreneurs…
This is a strange time for us. And, as a small business owner, the COVID-19 crisis can be a real problem. In our role as supporters of small businesses and entrepreneurs, we want to help. Since our normal Thursday morning Spark Tanks at the Dunedin Chamber of Commerce have been canceled, continued with virtual Spark Tank (as of March 19). In them, we have checked in, offered experts working within the resources being discussed for Smal Businesses and Entrepreneurs.
November 19th - Trust, Vulnerability & Connection and How it Grows your Business
November 12th - Getting Unstuck & Q&A Session with Dino Eliadas
- 020-11-12 Zoom Video: 11/12 Meeting with Dino Eliadas – Q&A about Getting Stuck & Other Business Challenges
November 5th - Sparking Ideas for Marketing when Values may be different than your customers
October 22 - Jeff Gow /Dunedin Survey & Brain-bouncing Business Challenges
- 2020-10-22 Zoom Video: of our 10/22 Round Table Discussion on various businesses & Jeff Gow speaks on data in Dunedin
July 30th - Business Challenges Brain-Bounce
- 2020-07-30 Zoom Video: of our 07/30 Round Table Discussion on various business challenges
July 16th - Challenges Round
July 9th - Racial Injustice/Equality - Roundtable
July 2nd - Challenges Round
June 18th - Challenges Round
June 11th - re-Spark the Spark Tank
The COVID 19 virus has changed a lot of things just as the participation in Florida Business Incubator SPARK TANK was taking off. Now we’ve taken a few steps back. With the idea of re-sparking that take-off, this week’s Spark Tank is focused on what do YOU want from the Florida Business Incubator that would serve your needs and help your business grow.
May 28th - Challenges Round
- Zoom Video: of our round table discussion
March 26th - So We're Closed - Now What?
Offering the group opportunity to request topics and check-in since the closure of so many non-essential businesses.
Sept 3rd - 3 Reason You're Stuck Growing Your Business & How to Get Unstuck
Conversation with Dino Eliadas: When you own a business it can feel lonely and overwhelming. It can leave you feeling like you’re stuck! In this presentation, by Dino Eliadas, He will share the 3 reasons owners get stuck growing their business and a single strategy that can be applied to get yourself – UNSTUCK!
Aug 20th - Spark Up Your SEO and Your Keywords!
Video Link: Conversation with Bob Linger on the topic of SEO including presentation
July 25th - Banking Services for Small Businesses during COVID-19
Conversation with Kevin Osbourn and upcoming additions to small business support.
June 25th - Disaster Prep Your Tech
With Hurricane Season looming our technology is often not thought about until we are in the midst of emergencies. Evelyn Dufner is presenting “Hurricane Prep your Tech” with what-to-do tips, a list of tools, and thoughts on making recovery easier!
June 4 - Does Your Message Resonate with your Customers
Description: There are some basic metrics that tell you if your message speaks to your target audience. Join us this Thursday to learn how to find out if your speaking to your audience. Then I’ll share a simple process you can use to refine your message so that it better resonates with your target audience.
May 21st - How-Tos & Tips on Instagram for your Business
May 14th - Make Your Own Marketing Video
May 7th - Small Business Legislative Check In
- Mr. Jones with Gus Bilirakis’s office giving us a pulse check on policy issues that have a bearing on the small business community. Audio File Only
- Zoom FBII Chat log 05.07.2020
April 30th - How to Monetize Your Business Online!
April 22nd-23rd - Marketing Your Business Through Your Own Personal Brand & Dino's Conversations
Britt Bishop gave an overview of how to market yourself in a way that creates awareness and goodwill for your business in these unprecedented times.
- Dino Elidas’ Video –A Conversation with Owners About the NEW Normal. What’s coming as we eased restrictions and how do you handle the changes for your business? Come share your views, ask questions, and hear how others prepare to open back up for business.
- Zoom FBII Chat log 04.23.2020
- YouTube VideoBritt Bishop and her presentation on Virtual Spark
April 16th - Beat Your Stress, Don’t Let it Beat You
April 9th - Current State of The Small Business Environment with Kevin Osbourne
April 2 - Sources of Financial Relief for Small Businesses
Sources of Financial Relief for Small Businesses
- How to Get COVID-19 Relief – https://bk.businessgrowthsimplified.com/how-to-get-corona-virus-crisis-financial-relief/
- Excel Profit/Loss by Carl Schrader: Excel File
- SBA (Small Business Association) Expanded access to U.S. Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loans: As part of its disaster assistance program, the SBA is providing working capital loans of up to $2 million to small businesses and nonprofits affected by the coronavirus. These loans carry an interest rate of 3.75% for small businesses and 2.75% for nonprofits. Loan repayment terms vary by applicant, up to a maximum of 30 years. The stimulus updated the program so that sole proprietors and businesses with fewer than 500 employees qualify, and applicants don’t need to provide a personal guarantee on loans under $200,000. Payments can also be deferred for up to four years.
Emergency grant of $10,000 to SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan applicants: Even if your business is denied a loan, you can still access this grant, which can be used to provide employee sick leave, maintain payroll or meet other needs like paying rent.: https://www.sba.
- Federal Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadline Extension: The federal tax return filing deadline is now July 15, 2020. For tax payments of up to $10 million, the IRS has also extended the deadline for both individuals and businesses to July 15, 2020. Estimated tax payments for 2020 originally due on April 15 will now be due on July 15. Check with your state tax agency to find out if your business has more time to file or more time to pay state and local taxes this year as a result of the coronavirus. Several states have already aligned their tax filing and payment deadlines with the new federal deadline. States also may waive or reduce penalties on late tax payments.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) coronavirus resource page provides a list of relief programs, and it offers guidance to small business owners during this crisis.
- Payment Protection Program (PPP) The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will guarantee loans with terms of up to 10 years and interest rates of up to 4% to businesses with fewer than 500 employees. Businesses can qualify for loans of up to $10 million, and the loans will be provided by lenders including banks and credit unions. Eligible businesses can get loan deferment for six months to a year, and the loan may be forgiven if the businesses maintains its payroll for eight weeks at employees’ normal salary levels.: SBA.Gov
- Florida Disaster Loan: https://
- SBDC Resource File (PDF)
- Visit StP-C Travel Updates: https://www.
- Unemployment: https://www.
- COVID-19 Cases: https://
- Government Assistance Resource Page through PPA: https://www.ppa.
- FL Department of Economic Opportunity (Solopreneurs): https://
- Employ Florida: https://www.
- Dunedin Cares: https://dunedincares.
- Dino’s Resource Page – Updated Regularly
- Applying CARES Act – Information page
Your business “break-out” starts every Thursday with facilitated brainstorming sessions & Guest Speakers. Ignite new ideas, new perspectives, new revenue opportunities with individuals who are as passionate about their success as you! Free to attend. See our calendar for events.
streamlines your path to sustainable growth. In powerful cohorts, BGS helps you better understand your revenue streams, productivity and profitability results to develop a solid foundation for greater sustainable success.
Looking for answers regarding Pinellas CARES? Have you applied for all you are eligible for? Buried under forms? Don't understand PPP Forgiveness? The City of Dunedin, the Chamber of Commerce are supporting our business community!